FAQs about Droll Yankees®
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Droll Yankees® and our bird feeders.
If you have any additional questions, please email our Customer Service Department at email@example.com, or give us a call at 1-800-352-9164 and any one of our Customer Service Reps will be happy to assist you. Our hours are 7 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Fri (EST).
At Droll Yankees, there’s a special place in our hearts for people who feed the birds. We thank you for feeding the birds with our products, and from all of us here at Droll Yankees, happy birding!
How do I buy Droll Yankees products?
It’s easy to buy Droll Yankees bird feeders and accessories!
- Visit your local Droll Yankees retailer! Use our “Find a Retailer” search engine to locate a retailer near you!
- Shop online through our online store.
- Purchase over the phone by calling us directly at 1-800-352-9164.
How do I order replacement parts for my feeder?
Replacement parts are available directly through us. To place an order, please visit our online store, or give us a call at 1-800-352-9164 and any one of our Customer Service Reps will be happy to assist you. Our hours are 7 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Fri (EST).
What does your warranty cover?
The Limited Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage covers damage directly done by squirrels, e.g. chews to the feeder that make the feeder unusable due to the damage. It also covers defective parts, which are defects or flaws that inhibit the correct use of the feeder. The warranty applies to the original purchaser for as long as they own the feeder. A photo of the damage or return of the damaged feeder and/or parts may be required for part replacement free of charge.
- The Limited Lifetime Warranty doesn’t cover falls (even if the squirrel makes the feeder fall; Droll Yankees is not responsible for how a feeder is hung) or damage caused by weather.
- The Limited Lifetime Warranty doesn’t cover normal wear-and-tear of the product that will happen over time. Any defects in materials and/or workmanship are present at the time of purchase and manifest themselves promptly post-purchase. Defective parts become obvious soon after purchase, not after years of normal use. Normal wear-and-tear happens gradually over time, because just like everything physical, bird feeders gradually lose their luster and need fixing up.
- The Limited Lifetime Warranty doesn’t cover cosmetic damage that doesn’t compromise the effectiveness of the feeder (scraped or peeling paint, scratches or yellowing to the tube, etc.), even if the scratching or scraping is caused by squirrels.
- We do not replace entire feeders. If covered under warranty, we will send out individual parts to replace defective and/or squirrel-damaged parts at no charge.
- The Limited Lifetime Warranty covers feeders; accessories are not covered. The Bird Lovers® and American Bird® lines of feeders are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship, but are not covered against squirrel damage. Wild Delight® is a private label feeder line, and as such is excluded from any Droll Yankees warranty coverage.
The Yankee Family Limited Warranty covers the Yankee Flipper® Powerstick (PWRSTK) and AC/DC Adapter (AC/DC ADPT) for 1 year from date of purchase with receipt. The body of the Yankee Flipper is covered under the Limited Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage, while the Powerstick and AC/DC Adapter are covered exclusively under the Yankee Family Limited Warranty.
For more information, and to read the text of each of our warranties, please click here.
Do you ship to Canada?
We do! There would just be a slight increase in shipping, so when ordering, please give us a call at 1-800-352-9164 so that we can calculate the appropriate shipping charge. Our hours are 7 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Fri (EST). We look forward to helping you get back to feeding birds!
I’m in the UK. Do you have a European distributor?
Yes! Our distributor Jacobi Jayne is based in the UK and can assist you in obtaining replacement parts. Here is their info:
Living With Birds
Jacobi Jayne & Co
Wealden Forest Park
Kent CT6 7LQ
Telephone: 0800 072 0130 or 01227 714314
International: +44 1227 714314 (overseas calls chargeable)
If they are unable to help you, please contact us with the model of your feeder and we will quote you a price.
What is your online store return policy?
Returns must be initiated within 30 days from the time you received your order, and must be received by the fulfiller within 30 days of the time the return was created. Returned items must be in their original packaging and in new and unused condition. The consumer pays shipping and handling fees to return the items, unless the products were received defective or shipped in error. Once the return has been accepted, the consumer is refunded the purchase price of the product(s) and any tax that was paid. Original shipping fees are not refunded.
To return any products purchased through our online store, you will need to obtain a Return Number. To receive a Return Number and initiate a return, log into your account using the name and password you created at checkout: www.shopatron.com/account. Once you return the merchandise, you can also track the return & refund from your account.
Our online store is available through KIBO (formerly Shopatron), an online retail order processing company. To read the complete KIBO return policy, click here. If you are unable to access your account and initiate a return, please call 877-412-7467, Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm (PST), or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I cancel an online order?
Our online store is available through KIBO (formerly Shopatron), an online retail order processing company. They accept orders and payments for our products, and will be able to help you adjust your order or answer any questions about your order. Their phone number is 877-412-7467, or you can email them at email@example.com. Their hours are Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm PST.
Are your products made in the USA?
Droll Yankees’ proud history started when Peter Kilham invented the very first tubular bird feeder, the A-6, in 1969. Filled with entrepreneurial passion, he produced the first hundred by hand, before going to American manufacturers to keep up with demand for his innovative new feeder.
We’ve proudly been an American company for nearly half a century, and to this day we source the majority of our components from domestic manufacturers. Our bird feeders are then assembled in our facility here in Plainfield, Connecticut, USA for the quality and craftsmanship American workers provide.
We’re proud to contribute to the American economy by making The World’s Best Bird Feeders® right here in the USA, and we value our American workers and the jobs that we’re able to provide them.
When you purchase Droll Yankees bird feeders, you’re not just supporting the local economy here in Connecticut. American workers in the supply chain throughout the country also benefit, because components and packaging are proudly made in the USA.
I’m interested in Droll Yankees’ record label roots. Do you still have any of the original records from the 1960s available for purchase?
It’s always nice to see someone interested in our record label roots! A while back, we found a link for some more information and a discography of the recordings that Peter Kilham and Alan Bemis made in the early 1960s. Here’s the site we found: http://www.blackbirdsf.org/dy/ Please note, such site is an enthusiast’s third-party site, not ours.
We do have a number of records archived in our facility. The original records were in vinyl. It’s a huge project, but someday we hope to digitize them for people like you who take an interest. We no longer have any records or cassettes available for purchase. But if you’re interested in the original vinyl records, we have seen some of them pop up on Amazon.com and a few other places from time to time.
Thank you for taking an interest in our Old New England roots, and happy listening!