Keep squirrels away from your bird feeder and save seed! The 5 pound capacity Droll Yankees Yankee Whipper Bird Feeder is a weight sensitive collapsing curved perch feeder that supports birds and not squirrels. It allows the birds to eat and saves seed by keeping squirrels away.
- The Whipper features four seed ports with individual weight sensitive perches
- Curved perch design encourages cardinals and small songbirds to eat, but prevents squirrels from feeding.
- Each perch is individually sprung and calibrated to collapse when approximately 2 oz. or more rests on the perch
- Length and girth of the feeder are specific to repelling squirrels. The heavy metal cap is constructed to prevent squirrels from raising the cap and reaching the seed inside.
- An internal baffle design delivers the seed to the ports.
- The 4-3/4″ x 17″ clear feeder tube is made of UV stabilized polycarbonate for long lasting durability without yellowing.
- The metal cap and feeder base are powder coated a stunning Evening Blue.
- The Whipper hangs from a looped stainless steel wire that reduces motion that would spill seed. Add a Locking Chain to secure it against falls.
- Components made in the U.S A. and in China
- Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage
Hungry birds will adapt as best they can to the conditions in order to survive and larger birds will sometimes hang onto the collapsed perch and continue to feed. It is uncomfortable for them and difficult so it discourages them but might not be the ultimate preventative.
The clever Yankee Whipper Bird Feeder is a member of the Yankee Family of squirrel-proof feeders from Droll Yankees.
The Yankee Whipper Bird Feeder has four specially calibrated curved perches that allow birds of all sizes to feed, but collapse under the weight of a squirrel. The clear 17” UV stabilized polycarbonate seed tube is too long and large in circumference for squirrels to navigate. It will hold 5 pounds of seed that is only accessible from the four perches. The clear polycarbonate helps you keep track of seed levels. A heavy, snug fitting cap sits firmly in place atop the feeder and can only be lifted by humans, not squirrels. The Whipper’s metal parts are powder coated in a lovely evening blue that will resist chipping and fading. Hanging is a cinch with the sturdy stainless steel looped hanging wire. Backed by Droll Yankees Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage.
Birds that use this feeder: Cardinals, Chickadees, Finches, Flickers, Goldfinches, Grackles, Grosbeaks, Jays, Juncos, Kinglets, Nuthatches, Redpolls, Siskins, Sparrows, Starlings, Titmice, Towhees, Woodpeckers and Wrens
Feeding wild birds is one of the best ways to impact the world around you. The simple act of putting out a bird feeder and keeping it clean and full can greatly improve the chances that birds and their offspring will survive. Many backyard bird watchers believe that birds only benefit from feeders during certain times of the year. However, birds actually have a year-round need for reliable, steady food sources.
Feeding Sunflower Seeds: A favorite of almost every backyard feeder bird. They have easy to crack, thin shells and can be offered in a wide variety of feeder types, like platform, tube, and hopper feeders. These seeds also have a high fat content that is perfect for giving birds energy all year long, especially in winter.
Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush to brush away grime inside the tube.