The 5 pound capacity Yankee Flipper Bird Feeder is a motor driven, battery powered, weight activated squirrel-proof feeder. It allows the birds to eat and saves seed by keeping squirrels away.
- Click to watch a video of the Yankee Flipper in action!
- Motor driven, battery powered, weight activated perch ring.
- Birds will not set it off, not even larger species like Woodpeckers and Cardinals. But the minute a squirrel hops on to the perch, the motor is triggered and the feeder begins spinning, taking the squirrel for a whirl before it loses its grip and is thrown gently from the perch.
- The seed tube is generous in height, making it impossible for squirrels to hang down from the top reach seed
- The four feeding ports are easily accessible via the perch ring
- The heavy metal cap fits snugly on the tube to prevent squirrels from lifting it to reach the seed
- The clear feeder tube makes the seed visible to the birds, a proven advantage. Made of UV Stabilized Polycarbonate, it ensures long lasting durability without yellowing, its length and girth are designed to prevent squirrels from reaching the seed ports.
- With a large 5 lb. capacity, you don’t need to refill your feeder every day
- An internal baffle design keeps seed flowing freely to the ports
- The Flipper looks great in any yard with the Forest Green powder coated metal top and base
- Hang the Flipper securely from its heavy duty signature looped stainless steel wire which reduces motion
- Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage to the feeder; one year Limited Warranty on electronics
- Components made in the U.S.A and in China
The Entertaining Yankee Flipper Bird Feeder is a member of the Yankee Family of squirrel-proof feeders from Droll Yankees.
This motorized feeder will send squirrels on a wild ride and keep them away from your bird feeder.
The Yankee Flipper has a motorized perch ring that is specially calibrated to go off under the weight of a squirrel. The perch ring will accommodate bigger birds, like cardinals and woodpeckers, squirrels will be promptly discharged. The clear 17” UV stabilized polycarbonate seed tube is too long and large in circumference for squirrels to navigate. It will hold 5 pounds of seed that is only accessible from the ports around the perch ring. The clear polycarbonate helps you keep track of seed levels. A heavy, snug fitting cap sits firmly in place atop the feeder and can only be lifted by humans, not squirrels. The Yankee Flipper’s metal parts are powder coated in a lovely forest green that will resist chipping and fading. Hanging is a cinch with the sturdy stainless steel looped hanging wire. The feeder body is backed by Droll Yankees Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage, as well as a Limited Warranty on the electronic components.
Feeding Sunflower Seeds: A favorite of almost every backyard feeder bird. They have easy to crack, thin shells and can be offered in a wide variety of feeder types, like platform, tube, and hopper feeders. These seeds also have a high fat content that is perfect for giving birds energy all year long, especially in winter.
Birds that use this feeder: Cardinals, Chickadees, Finches, Flickers, Goldfinches, Grackles, Grosbeaks, Jays, Juncos, Kinglets, Nuthatches, Redpolls, Siskins, Sparrows, Starlings, Titmice, Towhees, Woodpeckers and Wrens
Feeding wild birds is one of the best ways to impact the world around you. The simple act of putting out a bird feeder and keeping it clean and full can greatly improve the chances that birds and their offspring will survive. Many backyard bird watchers believe that birds only benefit from feeders during certain times of the year. However, birds actually have a year-round need for reliable, steady food sources.
Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush to brush away grime inside the tube.