Prevent large birds and squirrels from eating all your bird food! You save money on seed when you use a Yankee Dipper Bird Feeder.
- The Yankee Dipper’s weight sensitive perches encourage smaller songbirds to eat, while preventing all squirrels from feeding
- Each perch is individually sprung and calibrated to collapse when approximately 2 oz. or more rests on the perch
- The heavy metal cap fits snugly on the tube to prevent squirrels from lifting it to reach the seed
- The 4-3/4″ x 17″ long clear feeder tube makes the seed visible to the birds, a proven advantage. Made of UV Stabilized Polycarbonate, it ensures long lasting durability without yellowing. Its length and girth are designed to prevent squirrels from reaching the seed ports
- With a large 5 lb. capacity, you don’t need to refill your feeder every day
- An internal baffle design keeps seed flowing freely to the ports
- Metal cap and feeder base are powder coated in a rich burgundy that complements any yard or garden
- Hang the Dipper securely from its heavy duty signature looped stainless steel wire which reduces motion
- Components made in the U.S.A. and in China
- Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage
Hungry birds will adapt as best they can to the conditions in order to survive and larger birds will sometimes hang onto the collapsed perch and continue to feed. It is uncomfortable for them and difficult so it discourages them but might not be the ultimate preventative.
The ingenious Yankee Dipper Bird Feeder is a member of the Yankee Family of squirrel-proof feeders from Droll Yankees.
The Yankee Dipper Bird Feeder has specially calibrated weight sensitive perches that collapse under the weight of a squirrel to save your bird seed. The Yankee Dipper is comprised of a 17″ long clear, UV stabilized tube and heavy duty metal components that hold up to the elements and resist squirrel damage. The 5 pound capacity feed tube is protected on top by the tightly fitting metal cap that cannot be lifted by invasive squirrels. The cap and base are powder coated in a beautiful burgundy that compliments any backyard and will not chip or fade with use. Backed by the Droll Yankees Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage.
Birds that use this feeder: Chickadees, Finches, Goldfinches, Juncos, Nuthatches, Redpolls, Siskins, Sparrows, Titmice, Woodpeckers and Wrens
Feeding wild birds is one of the best ways to impact the world around you. The simple act of putting out a bird feeder and keeping it clean and full can greatly improve the chances that birds and their offspring will survive. Many backyard bird watchers believe that birds only benefit from feeders during certain times of the year. However, birds actually have a year-round need for reliable, steady food sources.
Feeding Sunflower Seeds: A favorite of almost every backyard feeder bird. They have easy to crack, thin shells and can be offered in a wide variety of feeder types, like platform, tube, and hopper feeders. These seeds also have a high fat content that is perfect for giving birds energy all year long, especially in winter.
Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush to brush away grime inside the tube.