- Birds cling to the wire mesh food cage while feeding
- Feeder tube is made of durable 0.25″ stainless steel wire mesh that is perfect for 1 pound of peanuts or black oil sunflower seed
- Internal seed baffle design ensures that the feed is directed out of the center to the mesh cage so that birds can reach it
- Open mesh design keeps the seed level visible at all times
- Add a Rain Guard directly to the feeder tube to shield the food from the weather
- Simply slide the die-cast metal cap up the hanger for quick, convenient filling using the Droll Yankees Seed Scoop and cleaning using a Droll Yankees’ Bird Feeder Brush
- This feeder may be hung from its metal loop hanger or from Droll Yankees’ 18 inch Locking Chain for greater security; or pole mounted using Droll Yankees’ Garden Pole, Ultimate Yard System, or Shepherd’s Envy Pole
- Lifetime Warranty Against Squirrel Damage! For more details on our warranty Click Here
- Made in the U.S.A.
New Generation 13 in Platinum Peanut Feeder (CJM13PP)Sale!
New Generation 13 in Platinum Peanut Feeder (CJM13PP)
New Generation 13 in. Platinum Peanut Feeder
Feeding Peanuts: A favorite treat for a variety of birds. When offered in a mesh tube or in suet, woodpeckers will especially enjoy snacking on them. The rich protein and fats in peanuts are valuable for birds all year round.
Feeding wild birds is one of the best ways to impact the world around you. The simple act of putting out a bird feeder and keeping it clean and full can greatly improve the chances that birds and their offspring will survive. Many backyard bird watchers believe that birds only benefit from feeders during certain times of the year. However, birds actually have a year-round need for reliable, steady food sources.
Cleaning: Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush to brush away grime inside the tube.
Placement to deter squirrels: The key to keeping a feeder squirrel-proof successful is the placement. Place a bird feeder 4 feet from the ground and 8 feet from anything a squirrel can jump from. For hanging from a pole by a hook it is recommended that the hook have at least a 16” distance from the pole. Placing a baffle on the pole or having a caged feeder will also help to ensure squirrel-proof success.
Birds that use this feeder: Woodpeckers (various), Titmouse, Chickadee, Nuthatch, Flicker
|Dimensions||6 x 6 x 13 in|
Lifetime Warranty against squirrel damage
|Seed or feed options||
Shelled peanuts or peanut mixes and black oil sunflower seed
Stainless steel mesh and bail wire
1 lb. of nuts/seed
May be hung or pole mounted