Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about Droll Yankees products and bird feeding. To check in with fellow bird watchers, visit our Facebook page.
- Shop online by visiting our online store.
- Visit your local Droll Yankees retailer using the “Find a Retailer” search on our home page
- Purchase over the phone by calling us directly at 1-800-352-9164
Droll Yankees will replace any defective part, free of charge, for as long as you own your Droll Yankees feeder. If your feeder is badly damaged, to the extent that the effectiveness of the feeder is compromised, Droll Yankees will, at its option, either repair, replace or send replacement parts, free of charge. This warranty does not extend to damage through improper use, improper cleaning, weather, neglect, abuse, modification, disassembly, or falls. Raccoon and bear damage coverage is limited. Feeders must be removed until the pests depart.
Our Lifetime Warranty also covers the body of every Yankee Family squirrel-proof feeder (YF, YCPW-180, YCPT-360, YCPD-90). Other Yankee Family components, however, are covered by a Limited Warranty:
The Yankee Flipper (YF) Power Stick, AC/DC Adapter, and the collapsible perch mechanisms (of the YCPT-360, YCPW-180 and the YCPD-90) are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase.
Bird Lovers feeders are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship, but are not covered under the Lifetime Warranty.
- Begin by emptying all remaining food from the feeder
- Remove all the metal components from the feeder (Note: Some models will require a screwdriver to remove the seed ports)
- Soak the feeder in a tub, large sink or bucket with warm soapy (dish soap) water or use a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water to loosen any debris
- Use the Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush (BFB) to clean the inside of the tube
- Rinse the feeder well and let it air dry before refilling it with seed. Do not use a dishwasher to clean your tube feeder or the oven to dry it!
If you notice that the seed is not being eaten, check to see if it has become moldy or wet from rain. If so please dispose of the seed, clean the feeder and refill with fresh seed. It is important for the health of the birds that the feeder be cleaned on a regular basis. Please, for the sake of the birds, keep your feeders clean!
There is a hole in the bottom of my Classic tube feeder. Is the seed going to fall out? Do I need a plug?
Or call us directly at 1-800-352-9164 (M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm EST)
My Yankee Flipper isn't holding a charge. I think it needs new batteries. How do I order new batteries for my Yankee Flipper?
The original style YF feeder had 2 C-cell rechargeable NiCad batteries that needed replacement after a couple of years. If you have this older style and need to replace your batteries, you can buy generic replacements at larger retailers or on-line. Please call us if you need any help: 1-800-352-9164, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Model No.: DV-4530
Input:120vac 60 Hz 4.5W
Output 4.5 vdc 300mA
Class 2 Transformer
YY-1 MADE IN CHINA
Newer AC/DC Adapters have “Yankee Flipper” on them.
We also offer special feeders that are designed to keep large birds and squirrels off. First, Shelter Feeders come in 2 models: B7DC, and SDC. The Yankee Whipper and Dipper make it uncomfortable for large birds to feed.